Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Saturday, May 07, 2005

A Longer Update

Ah the weekend, time to catch my breath and post a longer blog.

First a word as to what I am doing in the MDLM program . I am working mini circles initially starting at Level 10 and did all the Level 10 problems until successfully solved them at a 90% level. I then moved onto the Level 20 problems where I am now.

I am applying the brute force approach as I move through the CT-ART Program. I take a quick look at the problem without analyzing it very deeply. I then take a stab at solving the problem. I study the answer and will replay the answer. My belief is that I will benefit by repetitively seeing the answer even without solving it correctly the first few times I see it. I am prepared to continually go through the problems as many time as necessary till I get them right. My emphasis initially is on building pattern recognition.

I am finding spare blocks of time where I can solve some problems. Immediately after solving this block I post my results to my blog. Although this is not exciting reading I feel like I have accomplished something everytime I post.

Back to CT-ART.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ah! Another Disciple of Spaced Repetitions and Chunking! I see my blogging evangelization efforts have not been in vain! [grin]

    And setting the 90% success goal?

    Outstanding!

    Clearly you are a candidate for The Self-Flogging Approach to Chess Excellence!

    [grin]

    Keep at it. It does work. . .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home