Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

What's Happening at Takchess World

I continue to run through Ct-Art on the L40 Problems and not looking to spend one moment extra with variations sidelines. I want to see all the problems once then I will decide whether to do the circles as god (MDLM) intended it the complete CT-art 7 times or break it down by doing each level 7 times. The scary part is I did Level 20 14 times before I got it to a level of solving it that I was happy with. After that my play was significantly stronger causing me to want to play more chess and do less tactics eventually making me significantly weaker in time. It seems to be a pendulum with me moving me to the center. I went through a rating drop so here we are again...............
Monday -700 plus flashcards on treadmill
Tuesday 700-721

1 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger transformation said…

    i am very glad to read this post. im on 468 level three and also making myself do it, but yet am doing all the variations. its a killer.

    samurai is also at level three, so its one heck of a push.

    fyi, of course, i do 100 to 125 CTS a day, so its a real effort...

    david

     

Post a Comment

<< Home