Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Monday, November 07, 2005

flashcards (set 1)


I have been doing flashcards of the 5X5 positions from blokh's book (the author of Ct-art). I have lost the answer keys to a bunch of them and I'm having trouble solving some. During the next few days I will be posting them on the website to see what you might think the answer is. In each case white is to move.
thanks!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger CelticDeath said…

    #498: 1. Rxg7 Rxg7 2. Qg8+ Rxg8 3. hxg8=Q#

    #496: 1. Re8 Rxe8 {R6xf7 2. h8=Q} 2. fxe8=Q+ Kxe8 3. h8=Q+


    Those are the critical lines as I see them.

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger CelticDeath said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger takchess said…

    Thanks CD! it is clearer to me now.
    I'll post some other soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home