1) Blogger name and URL? Takchess , http://takchess.blogspot.com/
2) How did you learn about the Circles?By Googling around. King of the Spill was the first blog I read
3) When?February 2005
4) How long have you been going through the Circles, or if you have finished, how long did it take?I have intermittently done the circles with varied problems sets with large breaks in between.
Chess Tactics for Students 400 problems 16 circles
Complete Ct-art 1 circle
Ct-art L10 and 20 400 problems approx 26 circles
How to beat your dad at chess 200 problems 10 circles
5) How is your progress?I gained 304 rating points on playchess when one considers my high water mark from before I started. This rating fluctuates greatly.
.6) Would working with the Circles alone work well in terms of chess improvement, or does it help more to join the Knight Errant to monitor and discuss the Circles? I found it helpful but others have completed circles on their own.
7) Are you a scholastic player?No.
8) Would you recommend this method, the Circles, to scholastic players?In essence, yes. But initially with an easier problem set to start off with.
9) Do you use other chess training methods along with the Circles? I study classic games, read books and blogs ,play on the Internet and review the fritznotation of my games.
If any, could you summarize them.
10) Any general comments about chess training or the Circles you'd like to provide?
Lack of consistency,overaggressive play and lack of talent are the only things that have kept me from being an 2700 player.