Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Sunday, March 12, 2006

And yet another traxler

1. e4 {1} e5 {5} 2. Nf3 {1} Nc6 {4} 3. Bc4 {4} Nf6 {3} 4. Ng5 {4} Bc5 {3} 5. c3
{2} d6 {15} 6. Nxf7 {13} Bxf2+ {19} 7. Kxf2 {7} Nxe4+ {76} 8. Ke3 {5} Qe7 {133}
9. Kxe4 {35} Qh4+ {25} 10. Kd3 {22} Bf5+ {14} 11. Ke3 {23} Qe4+ {25} 12. Kf2 {
14} Nd4 {87} 13. cxd4 {75} Qxd4+ {6} 14. Kg3 {32} Qf4#

paste game into this viewer

unsure if 12....nd4 is correct but it seem to prevent queen trading in later moves I will need to check my Heismann traxler Cd

2 Comments:

  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Temposchlucker said…

    You expect too much from me. I never played the Muzio in a serious game and I never studied the theory behind it. I did play it in rapid games (with succes) though, what means that it is perfect playable without preparation.

    I said that Gallagher said that the Muzio is drawish. Today I looked it up in his book and it is not true. He said:
    After 1.e4 e5 2.f4 exf4 3. Nf3 g5 there are two common continuations for white: 4. Bc4 and 4. h4
    In this book we shall only be examining the latter. Although 4.Bc4 is of great interest, both historically and analytically (especially the famous Muzio or Polerio gambit), I feel that the best white can hope for is an equal game.

    His book only treats the 4.h4 and not the Muzio. And 4.h4 is what I play. If you are interested in my repertoire as Kings gambit player I can send you the PGN's by E-mail. You can drop me a line (my E-mail adres is in my sidebar).

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger takchess said…

    I appreciate you digging more into the Gallagher book. The KGA and KGD are the basis for some very interesting games. I am surprised that it took me this long to appreciate it. I think I listened too much to some of the negative comments of some gms regarding it. All openings are playable at my level 8). I am creating some KG game collections on chessgames.com and will post links in time on my blog. I'll shoot you an email as I am very interested in the h4 lines you are playing.
    Thanks again
    Jim Takchess

     

Post a Comment

<< Home