Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

lets get this show on the road!

Saturday and Sunday I play in the under 1400 group in the New Hampshire Open tournament. Its 4 games Swiss 40 moves in 2 hours. I better practice time management not to move too quickly when the position requires serious calculation.

I am very curious as to what openings/defenses I will face. Hopefully I can improve my under 900 rating!

also studying King Gambit games here is one which required extensive calculation by white.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger BlunderProne said…

    I played in that tournament last summer. They had a car show at the same time... made for interesting side shows between rounds ;)

    I can't play there this weekend my sister's getting married in Maine... couldn't talk her into moving the date to something more chess friendly.


    In that section... expect to see a lot of sicilian dragons against e4. As for white... its open season.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger takchess said…

    I anticipate Sicilians, the Pirc or Modern. I don't mind these but it would be fun to play the KG.

    Perhaps next tourney I'll run in to you. thanks Jim

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said…

    Good luck!
    40 moves in 2 hours. How much for the rest of the game? Or did you mean the whole game in 2 hours?

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger takchess said…

    tempo each side has 40 moves in 2 hours then 1 hour sudden death

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger BlunderProne said…

    If you run into a couple older duffs by the name of Arthur Leonard and William Chenney ... Tell them George Duval Says hi... and ask Bill how's his Brother Dick doing? ( long running joke... but look at his last name)

    These guys will help you have a good time.

    Good Luck!

    BP aka George

     
  • At 4:35 AM, Blogger takchess said…

    I'll look for them. I have a number of friends from the local club that are playing as well. thanks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home