Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Getting outside the comfort zone

I've decided to experiment a little a play some different openings. Normally as white, I play the Italian game or the Ruy Lopez. Many players bust this in the first move by playing the Scandinavian or the Sicilian.

Since starting the Alburts book on the chess openings as black, I've started to play some unrated games as black with the Sicilian Defense. He suggests the accelerated dragon but I'm starting playing a very basic Sicilian and will change it around as I
learn more. So far I don't mind it.




In times I hope to play some black and white openings that involve fianchettos as I am uncertain as to what is best play in these lines. Then in time I will start playing the Torre attack again to sharpen up on some Queen Pawn games.

for anyone interested in the torre attack I created a number of game collections at
Chessgames.com

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chesscollection?user=Takqueen

Now back to ct-art.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home