Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Thursday, September 22, 2005

taking comfort

I may be struggling scoring 40% on Level 3 and getting my A.. kicked on PlayChess.com . However I still take comfort with Euwe as he and I insult the amateurs in Chess Master vs Chess Amateur. I've played through the first 4 games in the book semi-blindfold. Playing without a board and just looking at the diagram in the book from time to time. Silly amateurs they have no plan, no tactics,no vision just playing without a clue. Take that Patzer!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said…

    Hey, I resemble that remark!

     
  • At 1:58 AM, Blogger takchess said…

    I play on playchess.com when I try to play 20 +20 sometimes longer. I try not to play anything under 15. My troubles arise from playing at a time when I can't stay fully devoted to the game. I am between moves putting away dishes, making coffee,being asked to do things by my wife.... I was 1515(my highest) 2 weeks ago now I am down to 1430.
    In terms of analyzing I do use Fritz and also look at games at chessgames.com to compare to how
    masters played simalar openings.
    I play as takchess on playchess.Do you play there and if so what is your game name?
    Also if at some point you feel a mdlm program is for you and want to become a knight and blog away send an email to tempo see links for his blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home