Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Comprehensive Chess Course V2

As part of my training I am working through all the examples of Lev Alburts book Comprehensive Chess Course Volume 2 . I have just reached the halfway point Chapter 8. Each chapter has some variety:questions, tactic problems, endgames examples and minature games. I do enjoy the variety as I find studying just endgames too boring. I plan to work through all the problems in this book multiple times although I don't intend to do it 7 times. I also picked up Alburts Just the facts endgame book for reference and future study. I like Alburts book layout and writing style.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger H.K. said…

    Though far behind you, I'm in the middle of my Chess Vision drills, I've been reading Susan Polgar's "A World Champion's Guide to Chess". Nice to know there is another recommended book out there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home