Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Deflection

A tactic which is hard for me to see during a game is the Deflection of a piece off the backrank to bring about a back rank mate. Normally this is done with a rook or queen .
When I first started playing Friday Nights at the chess club, there were two areas (outside of tactics and board vision) where I felt stronger players were significantly stronger than me : The strength of their rook moves and their endgame skills.

In reading Comprehensive Chess Course V2, it pointed to a game which amazed me. I consider it to be

The Immortal Deflection Game

I think there is a lesson for me to look closer for backrank weakness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home