Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Sunday, May 28, 2006

So Takchess what else are you doing to prepare?

I am working to improve my recording of the games so that it becomes second nature and not a negative factor in the play of games. Without a board in front of me,I am visualizing the board from both the black and white side and and name out the squares. I also visualize the moving the black H pawn from H7 to H1 in my mind and saying the name of the squares out loud. I at times am randomly saying HGF ED CBA. I also play through games and positions from memory and say the moves out loud.

These seems to be help as the game I just posted from Friday night Chess Club was recorded without errors.

I had a little time this weekend where I read through Mednis Practical Endgame book and followed it as much as I could without playing through the games over the board. I also read a few chapters of Alburts Just the Facts endgame book. I am starting to better understand some of the basic endgame principles and finding study to be surprisingly enjoyable.

I have played through some more games in The Comprehensive Chess Course V2 by Alburt and have only 2 more to go. This is a great basic book.

I need to make a decision if I am going to play the Halloween Gambit or the Kings Gambit as white in the tourney. If I am going to play the KG I better get back to study and playing it vs my recent facination with the HG. There is higher % chance of me playing KG games since all my opponent has to do is respond e5.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said…

    If i were yoy, i would probably go for the KG since it is less risky then HG. KG might allow you to slip, where HG doesn't. I would try to gain a little more experience with it first. But it's up to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home