Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Reporting in

Sunday 0 tactics
Monday 20 in ct-art

After recent friendly nudges from BDK and J'adoube about when am I going to be done the 7 circles. I decided to put in figures of how many tactics I do each day whether it is 0 or 100. I do find this helpful .

Book on tape I am listening to
Non Chess book I am reading
My wife valentine gift to me
At last someone who understands me
My hero

2 Comments:

  • At 4:52 AM, Blogger Frank Sträter said…

    Tak, keep playing your openings. Don't listen to the other knights who tell you to move on to "better" openings. Know that even Spassky was successful with the King's Gambit when everybody else thought it was dead.

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger takchess said…

    Failures of my opening play has more to do with my play of the opening than my opening choices. The King Gambit and Traxler has early attacking chances and thats how I like to play. Whether it is or is not sound at the highest level of play (Super GM/Fritz) is not of importance. Besides I enjoy the trash talk . At some point I would like to learn how to play the center game/ danish gambit well. (this I view as a trashy gambit but potentially dangerous) I also have an interest in the Scotch Gambit which I may play more of.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home