Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Who needs another opening book ?

Fellow Chessbookaholics , I ask you Who needs another chessbook on openings ?

I can't justify it at this point but heavily recommended by my virtual playchess buddy Scottcat, Watson's new book on Chess Openings is a good one. (if you see him on playchess invite him to a game)


http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Chess-Openings-Unraveling-Mysteries/dp/1904600603/sr=8-1/qid=1170158690/ref=sr_1_1/102-4248112-1308943?ie=UTF8&s=books

I saw it at Borders and I liked it. This volume has open and semiopen games. There is a large section that talks about Structure. This is followed by discussions of each opening with annotated games and diagrams . There appears to be alot of ideas behind the openings discussed. I have asked my local library to purchase it for their collection.

Monday 35 minutes treadmill
Tuesday 40 + tactics -312 CTFB
Tuesday Lunch 1-64 CTart
Wed 30+ tactics CTFB -345
Wed 30+ CTART
Thus Morng 15 + -362 CTFB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home