Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

It's confirmed, I'm a 2000 rated player !




Yes, it's true at the Boylston Chess Club I played a 2000 rated chess player in a New Years Day tournament . *)






I lost a Marshall Attack. It was interesting as he was normally a 1 d4 player and was a little surprised that I knew the line as a 1100 player which he was not as booked up on. At one point, I was left with the position in the diagram Black to move.


I went 0-4 against good competition. Here is the summary of my play.

1st game happy with Marshall Attack

2nd game made an unsound Knight sack for the hell of it

3rd game made a possibly sound Knight sack but didn't carry it through

4th game don't ask


Traveled with a high school student from our Chess Club who never played in a tournament before . He went 1 win, 2 losses and a draw. Beating a 1915 player and drawing against a higher rated player.


As always, a nice time at the Boylston chess club. Played some skittles games and discussed some lines of the Ruy and Kings Indian with some better players.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Polly said…

    It's always worthwhile to play strong competetion like that. If nothing else if the opponent is willing to go over the game afterwards you can get some valuable input from stronger players.

    I have fond memories of the Bolston Chess Club from my New England chess days in college. I haven't played there since it moved out of Boston. One of these days I'll have to make a trip up there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home