Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Time for new things.

It's been fun but it's time for new things.

Back in February 2005, I started doing the tactical problems after reading about the De La Maza 7 circle program. I first read King of the Spill blog and joined the Knights Errants.

I started this blog and hastily wrote blog entries unencumbered by correct spelling , grammar and the need to write the kind of detailed meaningful content that Tempo, BDK, Pale Morning Dun , J'Adoube, Sancho, Don DLM and others often provided.

I have done my 1000 plus tactics 8 more time so I am officially declaring myself graduated. My goal was to do the complete CT-Art but it is apparent that I am not going to do that.

Doing the circles was helpful. I never have played stronger than after months of doing tactical training. I would recommend that anyone looking to improve give it a try. Being part of the Knights Errant was fun and helpful. Take a look at Samurai Knight blog if you would like to learn more.

I will continue to play chess and occasionally blog. Thanks everyone , Knights past and present, Fellow bloggers and readers. See you on the Internet.

9 Comments:

  • At 3:30 AM, Blogger Glenn Wilson said…

    I have done my 1000 plus tactics 8 more time so I am officially declaring myself graduated.

    Congratulations!

    I have wondered about the criteria for completing the task and I suppose it is among the KE a personal decision. I'm not sure that I'll ever consider myself graduated.

    Good luck.

     
  • At 6:00 AM, Blogger takchess said…

    Yes it is a personal call toward the definition. Since I have no immediate plans to do continual repeated tactics I figure it is appropriate to call it a day. But one could go on forever.... MDLM used Ct-art which is approx 1200ish problems.

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations! I hope you don't intend to quit blogging. It's not like we will find a third Shirov anytime soon.

    Congratulations once again!

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Polly said…

    Congratulations. Hopefully we'll still see you in the chess blogosphere with pithy comments and interesting insights.

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said…

    Congratulations. It has never been clear to me with what and according to what regimen you did the circles but since you declare it finished I will transfer you to my hall of fame:)

    By now now we declare you dismissed from the obligation to publish at least once a month, allthough we would like it if you keep hanging around:)

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I always felt your posts were allready kind of occasional, but nevertheless, i'll keep being on the look out for them ;)

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said…

    Nice work. You had periods there where you were just a madman on level 30 :)

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger likesforests said…

    Congratulations and good luck. May you find another grail to pursue.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    May we meet (again) OTB in either state events!

    Huzzah and well done.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home