Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Knight Sac on F5 against KS Fianchetto: Thanks Trans!


Vukovic in chapter 9 of the Art of Attack spoke about the thematic Knight f5 sacrifice which is common in attacks on the Kingside fianchetto positions. The blogger Dave Transformation http://dk-transformation.blogspot.com/ kindly sent me a series of games where the knight is posted on f5 against the fianchetto many which are sacrifices I have posted a collection of these games here Game Collection: Nf5 sac against the kingside castled fianchetto .
This is the ending position of the second game in this collection Black (btm) has no saving move.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said…

    Thanks for reminding me. I must learn to use the knight sac for the Polar Bear. It is not a sacrifice I would come up with myself easely. I must study it to get the ideas behind it.

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger drunknknite said…

    I love this sac. Many, many blitz games come to mind. Incidentally I also play that opening for Black and if you leave out 0-0 you cannot play this Qb6, this is important to know for both sides. If Black is castled than he is fine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home