Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Day 22 : Beginning Knight Flight

I find these Knight drills strangely relaxing. Decided to start the Knight Flight drills which MDLM lists as optional. He recommends doing them twice a day. Uncertain as to how many I will do at this point but would like to in one day do a full trip from every square to every square. MDLM estimates that would take about 5 hours.

I played through Mr Nezh The Game That Changed Me during my work lunch break. A great game! No subtlety here .The barbarians are camped out at the gates of Rome and there going to be in city in the morning.

I especially like how Nezh marchs a wall of pawns in front of his castled king and continues to batter the wall down until mate is achieved.

I can see why Mr Nezh feels so passionate about his play. Until reading Mr Nezh webblog I didn't know of Nezhmetdinov. Thanks Mr Nezh!

Here is another nice tactical game of Nezh a smothered mate.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1228673

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home