Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Delayed Traxler


As you know my interest in the Traxlers Counterattack. I have been playing a line which I call the delayed Traxler. If White decides to play d3 in the 2 knights defense I play pawn d6 clearing a line of protection for my bishop to f4. Often the next move is Knight g5 preparing for the fork on f7 which is played about 10 times more often than the better bishop F7 check.

There are portions of this line that are questionable..... for example, white can take the checking knight with the queen,black bishop takes queen, white knight takes the queen,black captures white knight for an even game material wise and it is unclear to me who is better off. Both have lost the right to castle which is not at big deal with the queens off the board.

Is this bad chess? I don't think so but it is definitely sharp chess. For me it is definitely fun chess. But would I play it in a tournament game??? We will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Here is a representative game. paste game in here
[White "playchess person"]
[Black "takchess"]
1. e4 e5 2. Nf3
Nc6 3. Bc4 Nf6 4. d3 Bc5 5. Ng5 d6 6. Nxf7 Bxf2+ 7. Kxf2 Ng4+ 8. Kg1 Qe7 9.
Nxh8 d5 10. Bxd5 Qc5+ 11. d4 Nxd4 12. h3 Nf3+ 13. Kf1 Qf2# 0-1

2 Comments:

  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger King of the Spill said…

    Beauty of an example game.

    You clearly have a sharp style, so why not go with something like that OTB?

     
  • At 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    12.Kf1 and white takes the extra material to the bank. I also like 9.Bg5 Qf8 10.h3 for white.

    Definitely play it in a tournament game. The worst thing that could possibly happen is that you could lose, and a lost game is the most potent learning experience.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home