Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Here you go SamuraiPawn



I owe this virtual beer to SamuraiPawn who took off some time from his studies to thrash me in a Vienna Gambit. As in many king gambit positions, an incorrect move forces black to grasp for air. Fun to play and hope to see him again on Playchess.com. Samuraipawn will see you again there hopefully with better play on my end.

I played the game below in a Simul on playchess against a 2200 rated player. I am starting to play the Alapin Gambit. Fritz's opening book had two winning games with 6. Ne5 and 6.Bc4. Tempo any advice on this?


[Black "Camille Claudel"]

1. e4 e6 2. d4 d5 3. Be3 dxe4 4. Nd2 Nf6 5. f3 exf3 6. Ngxf3 Be7 7. Bd3 Nbd7 8. h4 c5 9. c3 cxd4 10. cxd4 h6 11. Ne4 O-O 12. Nfg5 b6 13. Nxf6+ Bxf6 14. Qh5 Bb7 15. Bh7+ Kh8 16. Nxf7+ Rxf7 17. Bxh6
Kxh7 18. Bg5+ Kg8 19. O-O-O Be4 20. Bd2 Bxd4 21. Rhf1 Qc7+ 22. Bc3 Rxf1 23. Qg5
Bxc3 24. Rxf1 Bxb2+ 25. Kxb2 Qc2+ 26. Ka3 Qc3+ 27. Ka4 Bc6+ 0-1

paste game into this viewer.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks Takchess. You seemed a bit distracted by other matters during the game though, so let's just share this cold one. :)

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said…

    I play the alapin and I have to say the pesky is part is black's ability to play Nd5 threating to take your bishop. It's difficult to part with the cleric even though the evaluation is roughly even.

    h4 was premature, i think you need to focus on castling kingside and using that open f file for your rook. That is the whole point of offering the pawn.

    Evenso, you put some nice heat in his kitchen there for a bit!

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger takchess said…

    Sam, I hope to play again soon.
    PMD: My attack was overly optimistic and easily sidestepped. I don't know what I was thinking on some of my bishop moves. I do love the rook on the open f file which I see in the king gambit and the grand prix. I was hoping for an open h file and rooks with an open lane there but this could not be forced. In general I like the alapin gambit even at my current limited understanding of it. it was fun to play in a simul which was my first.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home