Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Giuoco

I am feeling stagnant playing just one opening as white. The Kings Gambit. So I have started playing the Giuoco again which for most games means I am playing against the Two Knights Defense. I am happy to play either side in these games.

For study resources, I am using Acers "The Italian Gambit" and Beliavsky "Two Knight's Defense" book. I have much to learn regarding the Ulvstead, the Lolli and the Scotch Gambit
(Max Lange attack)


Some of these lines are extremely Sharp ! 8)

Saturday 0 tactics

4 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Time to put aside e4 and walk on the wild side - 1.d4!

    LOL!

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger takchess said…

    Perhaps that will be year 5 of 7 in my GM training. 8)

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Though you know how much I adore the KG as well (and I know this stagnant feeling you speak of too) it's good that your expanding your repertoire. If you like surprise openings like the KG, you may want to explore Larsen's opening (some will scoff at this), or you can boggle yourself like me and take up the study of the venerable Ruy. Happy 1.e4!

     
  • At 3:59 AM, Blogger takchess said…

    Hi SC,

    I ended up getting Watsons book. I exchanged my the Alburt COFW after a few days with it. Thanks for your recomendation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home