Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Sunday, March 18, 2007

When will this end ?


I have been posting for a long time and you have probably wondered when the heck is Takchess going to complete the circles and put his name on the graduate list ? My definition of graduation for myself is doing the 7 circles on the entire CT-art and ending on my last circle with an above 97%. From what I see of fellow Knights who have done this Celtic Knight, J'adoube, PMD,Sancho, and The Man De la Maza, I believe I will be an 1800-1900 player on Playchess at that point.

So what exactly have I been doing since my first post in February 2005?
I have done
* entire 7 circles on simpler material such as Bains Chess Tactics for Students (recommended)
*level 10-20 of Ct-Art ( I think I did 14 circles on Level 20 arrgh).
*completed the entire CT-Art straight through once (exhausting)
*Flashcards drills from simple problems of Blokhs earlier book
*done extensive study of the Kings Gambit, Traxler CounterAttack, and to the lesser extent Two Knights and the Marshall Attack
*played far too many 20+6 games on playchess.com
*bought far too many chessbooks
*actually read some of them
*studied and improved a little on basic endgames
*experimented with antiSicilian and currently enjoy playing one based on 3 Nc3
*learn to play a passable defense to Queen pawn games
*studied some classic games

Much like a marathoner, I am currently building my base before running the marathon . 7 circles of Ct-Art is more of an Ultra-marathon to me ! I am doing circles on Chess Tactics for Beginners on the computer (uncertain if I will do 7 circle on this) and in some non computer time doing circles of the Flashcards and the book "How to Beat Your Dad at Chess" (recommended).


Yesterday, I did a complete circle on my Flashcards as well as 1/2 the How to beat your dad at chess book.
Sunday did circle 2 of Flashcards again now on 1171 ctfb
Monday finished circle 2 in htbdc
Tuesday did 1-29 of circle 3 of htbdc ( I really like this book)

2 Comments:

  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said…

    Damn.

    You are turning into Tempo. :)

    It was useful to see your plan and what you've accomplished: that's quite a bit!

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger BlunderProne said…

    That's circles for the ADD!

    Keep at it. I did concentric circles. Each level 7 times before moving to the next. that how i got through CT-art. I am doing it again... because I need to.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home