Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

See you after Easter

At the request of my family, I am giving up playing blitz chess online and writing and reading blogs for Lent. Actually they requested that I give up all chess related things but that is not going to happen. I still intend to do Ct-Art/Tactics and attend Friday Night chess club . Perhaps you will see a new tactical monster in April.

PAX,

Jim

6 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger David Glickman said…

    There you go again, letting family and religion get in the way of chess. Where are your priorities? :)

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Montse said…

    It is difficult to compete against the chess queen.

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    When I was a kid in the Catholic Church, the priest asked me what I was going to give up for Lent.

    I told him: Religion.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said…

    I'm not familiar with that tradition. Can't you just play 1.d4 as penitence?

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger BlunderProne said…

    I'll give up blunders

     
  • At 4:00 AM, Blogger transformation said…

    takchess, not to beep my horn too hard, but if you see my last two posts, they are extensive in the angles related to the pauses we take that make us better chess players, playing less blitz but studying real hard chess.

    warm regards, from seattle, david
    aka dk or transformation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home