Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Monday, March 12, 2007

Checking in


Did a complete circle of the book (the 50 deadly checkmates ) of How to Beat your Dad at chess. One does not need a chessboard due to many pictures that guide you through the tactics. Each tactic has 6-8 board views to guide you through each tactic. Great for the treadmill and places where it is hard to use a chessboard or computer. Still doing chess tactics for beginners as well.



Unsure if he a Knight or a friend of the Knight , Trans walks ,talks and solves like one so I placed him on my Knights sideboard. Rocky Rook is quietly chugging along with Ct-art, God bless him . But my favorite Knight is Komando Kitty , this picture perfectly captures how I feel after weeks of doing tactical chess training. Please scroll through the entire link to see him.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said…

    How do you like CTB? I assume Phase 1 is pretty easy. What I like is that doing Phase 3 of CTB and level 10 of CT-Art I get a small number of the same problems. I'd say CT-Art level 10 is just a WEE bit harder than CTB Phase 3. This suggests I am in the exact right place, doing CTB.

    Last night I was playing a 1436 player, and he left me a great knight fork to take his queen! It popped out instantly. I had to calm down and convince myself it was indeed true. He resigned once I moved my Knight. That is something the lower-rated players hardly ever do.

     
  • At 3:48 AM, Blogger takchess said…

    I am at the last level which is 300ish How to proceed problems. They are all around Level 10-20 problems in Ct-art. Some overlap in the two programs but not too much. I am finding it worthwhile. I like how in the early stages there a simple win a piece problems that you don't see in ct-art

     

Post a Comment

<< Home