Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Enjoying Complexity

















The above screenshots all come from the same game (note they are all Black on Move). They appear in the reverse position than they occurred in the game. I like to play an aggressive game as white where I am marching on a castled position. Giving up pieces where necessary and creating tension in the position till I rip open the kingside.
It seems that my Doppelganger Nehza is playing this same style on the other side of the world in Japan. As I look at his recent rating increases, I should mention with better success.
My play is often characterized by
1. Bishop pointed at f7
2 h pawn supporting a bishop on g file once black has castled.
3. Rook in the h file and major pieces at the ready
4. Delaying castling and if castling do it on the Queenside.
5. Pawn marching gaining tempos & space by threatening pieces
6. Reacting to threats with counter threats that position my pieces closer to the front
7. Forcing my opponents to play in cramped positions
8. My Opponent's Bishop is often on the kingside diagonal from the queen

Here is the game in its entirely. cut and paste the game into this link
My ending was not as crisp as I would of liked. I did let him off the hook a little but recovered in the end.

1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Be7 4.d4 exd4 5.Nxd4 d6 6.Nc3 Nf6 7.Bg5 0–0 8.h4 Ne5 9.Bb3 a6 10.f4 Neg4 11.Qe2 Re8 12.0–0–0 h6 13.e5 Nh7 14.e6 f6 15.Qxg4 fxg5 16.hxg5 Kh8 17.Nf5 Bxg5 18.Ne4 Bf6 19.Nxh6 gxh6 20.Rxh6 Qe7 21.Nxf6 Bxe6 22.Rxh7+ Qxh7 23.Bxe6 Qh6 24.Nxe8 Rxe8 25.Bb3 Re4 26.Qg8# (Lag: Av=0.32s, max=1.7s) 1–0
Also I am almost done the first circle of chess tactics for beginners.



3 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Nezha said…

    > It seems that my Doppelganger Nehza

    And I thought you were the Doppelganger.

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My new home. . .


    http://j1mb3d3nbaugh.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 2:50 AM, Blogger katar said…

    you played a terrific game that you can be proud of.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home