Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Monday, April 16, 2007

I agree with Blunderprone !

In BP recent response to BDK he wrote

"I don't want to add more knowledge, I need to practice applying the knowledge I already have"

This is my montra for preperation for my tournament on Saturday in New Hampshire.

To prepare I have

1) Done a ton of circles on basic checkmates the 50 in HTBYDAC
2)Circles of Level 10 and 20
3)Reciting the positions on the chessboard from Black and Whites perspective to reduce stress of recording moves
4)Knight site drills

I am trying to keep the same openings and do precious little additional learning. It not the stuff that you don't know that kills you. It's the stuff you should know and don't apply I am worried about !

2 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    i too agree with blunderprone, and you...i have all the books i need. my weakness is on positional analysis, making the right moves, etc...

    good luck on the tournament! i can't wait to hear about it...

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger BlunderProne said…

    Good Luck in Bow (?) NH. I'll be in Natick on Sunday at the MACA G60.

    Huzzah!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home