Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Monday, September 10, 2007

Another Cup of Coffee in the Big League -1677



Once again I reached a high rating on Playchess.com. As always it coincides with heavy tactical training. My Playchess rating does fluctuate and I tend to be a very streaky player as evidenced by this chart. When I do hit a new high water mark I believe it to be significant. A number of these wins come from bringing an extra pawn into the endgame. I would be very happy if I could bring this winning streak and continue it in my tournament in October.

I need to continue to do more problems and not get caught up in the wave of playing alot of games.

monday update 40 l30 problems 569. Tuesday update problem 583

4 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Temposchlucker said…

    Your total improvement of 324 points overtime starts to look impressive!

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger takchess said…

    Tempo, please update my score to 1697. It feels like most of my rating increase is due to
    1) not dropping as many pieces
    2) improved endgame play
    3) drawing games I would of lost earlier
    4) a little bit of luck

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Temposchlucker said…

    Rating updated.

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats Takchess!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home