Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Monday, September 17, 2007

A chess poem

I'm thinking it would be fun to write a chess poem and I invite my fellow knights and fellow chess bloggers to do the same. Please put your a link to your poem in the comment section.

Here was one from Don De la Maza blog that goes back a ways.Done in the Haiku format.

I must comment on the beauty and simplicity
of the French after

1. e4 e6
2. d4 d5
3. e5 c5
4. c3 Nc6

An ideal opening for a Buddhist, perhaps.

Avance
One man controls space
His opponent, the tension.
A knight, intrigued, leaps.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:10 AM, Blogger Phil Willis said…

    Beautiful.

    I often imagine the chess game after it is finished as a plot for a movie, or a boxing match, or a car race.

    I guess the moves and ideas behind them are abstract enough to translate into other media.

    Here's a haiku of my typical games:

    Stares without moving
    Why is he waiting? Argh!
    Did not press the clock!

    ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home