Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I think this covers it....

Pins, and forks and hanging pieces.
Skewers, Invaders and back rank weakness
Kings without air and Defence not there,
X-ray Attacks and guards that get wacked,
Pieces in a row and Queens with no place to go.
Attacks discovered and Kings uncovered,
Discovered Checks and Pawn structure wrecked
Open line through and defenders with too much to do.

tactical update did 7 + minicircles of the first 100 L30 ,now working on the next 100.

Chess Club on Friday I had a series of good games. One which I gave up my queen while delivering mate to the King on a8 with Nc7. Another winning material advantage with a fellow I had not beaten before. Also in a game against a strong player,when my opponent tried to swap queens, I played a rook check deflection of a rook who was guarding a queen. This won a queen for a rook. Very ct-artish.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home