Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Thursday, April 03, 2008

4652 Games and Counting


From 9.25.05 to present, I have been collecting games that I played on playchess which automatically saves them to a Internet games folder. From there I often analyse the games using Fritz over night and in the morning take a look at the more interesting games. At this time I have over 4652 games with some duplicates and others played by others.




I am thinking about ways to improve from this huge collection of games. It is somewhat overkill and I am thinking about ways I can learn in a systematic intellegent way. An element of my games that improved is openings. I use the opening analysis portion of Fritz that shows some sample games in the same openings as where they diverge. I do a quick scan of these and have picked up some ideas as to what some of the GM's and better players have played .


My latest idea is to put key words in my annotations to so I can search on games worthy of future study. I have learned that I can search on words and look to add key words. Such as :instructive position, rook endgame , attack on the kingside castle, pawn storm. There is so many gmaes that it is somewhat daunting how to classify and study them. Perhaps I will just look at my Traxler games or my wild sicilian games against Scottcat.


7 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger transformation said…

    id love to say more, but it is five hour discussion... i have tons of hours on chessBase. in fact, i am home for lunch right now, just to work on it....

    have you tried game tags, or color coded ways of classifying types?

    or instead of annotator, substitue a classifier????

    lots of ways.

    if this is too cumbersome via email, you can phone me this weekend, if necessary. got to run right now! David K, as you have in your records, just one of me here. dont call early! i work late!

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger likesforests said…

    Hey Takchess! Totally unrelated to your current post, I just read over your annotations of Mayet-Anderssen. I'm curious... how much time did you spend studying the game?

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger takchess said…

    Trans,
    I would enjoy having a discussion on this . I am interested only in things that can be entered through Fritz and not chessbase as I do not own chessbase. I would be interested in your thoughts on this. Send me your phone number to my email and times that you might be available.

    Regards,
    Jim

     
  • At 1:38 AM, Blogger Temposchlucker said…

    From there I often analyse the games using Fritz
    LOL. I bet that Fritz analyses the game and you just nod your head:)

     
  • At 4:35 AM, Blogger takchess said…

    Tempo,Quite true! 8)

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger damourax said…

    Huge personal database! I have 10- games lol!

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Weng Maningo said…

    Appreciatee your blog post

     

Post a Comment

<< Home