Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Friday, April 01, 2005

day 39 Back on Track

Been running around with different program ideas reading tactic books and solving different problems every night. Decided to start Ct-Art. I am now at 70 problems in level 1. This is going to be tough....

Here is a general question about Ct-art. When I make a mistake, it shows me the Red and Blue squares . Next is gives me the simpler alternate problem on the right side of the screen. Upon solving that altenative problem I don't seem to be able to get into the original problem and solve it. Can I go back and solve the original problem?

8 Comments:

  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said…

    You refer to the what are known as "the arrows of shame," "the squares of ignorance," and the ever frustrating "idiot box." To get out of the idiot box and back to the problem, there is a button that says "close 5x5" and you will be returned to your original torment.

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said…

    Been running around with different program ideas

    Maybe you should take a look at Don's other blog at http://onceafatguy.blogspot.com/
    :)

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Blogger King of the Spill said…

    PMD - LMAO!

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger fussylizard said…

    PMD- I needed a good laugh! Thanks! :-)

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said…

    Incidentally Takchess, this was not meant to be a slight on you. These are what I have been calling these helpful indicators for quite some time. Don also has a nice term for the green thing that comes up...he calls it "the green frowny face of death." Oh that one hurts when it pops up.

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Don Q. said…

    The arrows of shame and I were regular buddies on level 90. I think only in the last circle was able to get through without once seeing the green face of death. That little face used to make me sooooo mad.

     
  • At 3:26 AM, Blogger takchess said…

    PMD

    No slight taken. I appreciate the close the 5X5 window tip. Unsure when I would of figured that one out on my own.

    I imagine you will be fly fishing soon. Here in New Hampshire the rivers are running high. It won't be long before a hatch will be on.
    I can appreciate the dual interest. I am considering taking out by gear again....

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said…

    The weather is finally getting nice here. I'm headed out on my first big foray tomorrow, to celebrate finishing level 20. I used to fish in Vermont in college, but have not tried the New Hampshire waters. The fishing itch is starting to return, but I'm going to stave it off a bit until I get this "project" complete.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home