Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Friday, March 18, 2005

Day 25: Part 2 No Longer living in Ignorance

Well not as much ignorance anyway. I just found out that some one has written helpful information regarding Fritz. Currently my Fritz understanding is limited to
Playing on playchess.com, saving my games and using the suggestion function to understand the moves Fritz thinks are best. All worthwhile but I feel I am missing
alot of the functionality.

I find the chessbase website& the help files hard to understand.

I have just learned of the following chess cafe column.


http://www.chesscafe.com/mig/mig.htm

(it only took me about 6 months to learn about this)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger bahus said…

    I agree totally about the Fritz's help files. Most of the commands are explained but you don't really see what you can do with these commands. The Chess Cafe -columns are very nice as they explain different uses for Fritz (and other ChessBase -products).

    You might like to check the Chess Cafe archives that have all the Mig's columns.

    Another good link is ChessBase T-notes.

    You also might like to download the ChessBase -Light from ChessBase.

    Couple of features I've liked very much myself:

    + Creating an opening book from one's own games
    + Analysis / Shootout (Fritz plays on from certain position)
    + Analysis / Complete Analysis (do it only on you're side of the board)

    Regards,

    - bahus

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger takchess said…

    Bahus,
    I appreciate you taking the time to tell us more about these resources. I'll check them out.
    Thanks !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home