Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Friday, March 18, 2005

Day 25: My 2 Quirky ideas

I'm spending a weekend at my daughters swim meet. Hope to do a sixth complete circle of my Bain book and maybe even a seventh circle

Here are my two quirky ideas

1) At some point, It would be beneficial in a tactical problem book to switch the side to play. Ie. instead of White to move solve the problem for black to move. It would help me visualize the patterns of getting myself out of trouble.

2)Perhaps we could create a new group of Knights who read the book and play through all the move variations of Silman's "How to Reassess your Chess" 7 times.We could half the time spent on each reading of the book until we finish the book in a single day. ....Anyone interested???????? 8>)

Jim Takchess

1 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger King of the Spill said…

    I think you have a good point about switching the board around and assessing the same position in reverse. It ought to bring one to the same conclusion. I will have to play with that one!

    I personally have had enough of Silman for long while, but if it's useful go for it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home