Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Monday, August 20, 2007

Some tactics

Sunday did about 100 of L20 and 20 of L30
Monday did 50 L20 and 20 L30

I saw an video of the following game on chesslecture.com . So is this Queen Sac Sound. Alekhine felt it was made without risk. http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1011857


http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=1283

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=1320

It takes faith in your chess convictions to sac your queen without immediate compensation in sight. Please check in if you were in this game if you would of sacked your queen in this position.

Tuesday update: 50 L20 before breakfast
9 L30
25 l20 in evening

Wednesday update 7 L30
50 l20
I am liking the approach where I do a few harder tactics l30 mixed in with ones I have seen before L20. I find this to be less frustrating

3 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    that move takes balls....damn....

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger likesforests said…

    The most I would sacrifice in a close position without immediate material compensation is the exchange.

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said…

    That's a beautiful game. His moves are just relentless focusing on the castled King. Beautuful!

    Good to see some tactics. It will be interesting to see which of us finishes these damned Circles first. I predict I have 2.5 months.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home