Takchess Chess Improvement

A Novice chessplayer works to get better at chess using an improvement program based upon the methods of Michael de la Maza and the teachings of Dan Heisman

Monday, April 28, 2008

Blackburne Hartlaub Variation of the Englund Gambit

http://blog.chess.com/view/blackburne-hartlaub-gambit

I am really enjoying this variation of the Englund Gambit as it takes away all the feeling of playing a Queen pawn game if White accepts both pawns offered to him . I would love to play this sometime in a tournament game.

At playchess I have played this three or four times where my d6 bishop checks on h2 and then a rook takes the queen. Some fun themes in this line.

I liked the game in this link. I have lightly annotated it.

Bdk thanks again for introducing me to the BH Gambit.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Temposchlucker said…

    In the past everybody did know that I had extreme problems with 1.d4 Nf6 2.Nf3 as black. When I was fighting for the B-poule championship I knew my opponent had prepared that for weeks. So I took him off-guard with the Blackburne Hartlaub gambit and won the championship. Sweet memories!

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger takchess said…

    Tempo, I would love to see that game if you have it in PGN format!

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Temposchlucker said…

    I'm afraid it will take me too long to find it. Sorry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home